Saturday, March 27, 2021

ATC BOX

 




I love using different mixed media to create things that excite the imagination. I love looking through old shops and rummaging through old boxes, shelves and suitcases because you might find a treasure that takes your mind to another place. Here Faith Pocock gave me the perfect base to let my imagination fly back into rummaging around in an old opp/vintage shop. The different size boxes are here to purchase. https://www.faithpocockcraftstudio.com/product-page/cube-boxes-choose-size














Gather all pieces of the box and ink the edges with black archival ink.



Glue the box together. 
When done, I started to cut ‘Ole Curiosity Shoppe’ college paper.  

I used a collage soft gel to glue onto the box and the paper, gently smoothing it all out over the box. 



I then used crazing to give a light cracked appearance.
 

When dry, I used a brown coloured crayon around the edges and lightly into the cracks to give a vintage look. 


When done, add the clawed feet. Leave the top of the box off, this will be placed on later. 


Now to make the embellishments. Here I have used a mold to make a spider web.

Distress with crayons, I have used dark colours but feel free to use whatever colours you like.



I have cut out the butterflies to go down the side of the box.


Here I made a little clipboard to sit on the top.


These cute bottles added interest and another dimension


I found these chipboard bottles that I thought would go well and painted them.
 


When painted, use crackle accents over the bottles and then leave to thoroughly dry.

I used crayon to distress the bottles


I had used alcohol ink to colour the wings.

  • I then painted a birdcage, and die cut some branches, and placed an owl inside.



I die cut 3 matchboxes using the collage paper and distressed the edges. 


 


Place the lid on at an angle and glue on a metal corner. I added clocks to give height and depth. I have also added a little moss dripping over the sides. Have fun placing it all together. Just have a play.




The finished project looks like this, remember to enjoy the process, add your own embellishments and colours. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Ruby House

Another gorgeous design by Faith Pocock https://www.faithpocockcraftstudio.com/product-page/ruby-b-3mm-doll-house I used Ferro for the roof ...