Friday, January 29, 2021

White Walker Dragon

Another fabulous lazar design by Faith Pocock.  https://www.faithpocockcraftstudio.com/product-page/dragon-head 

This was a fun design to create using lots of mixed media to bring him to life. When I first laid eyes on this wicked design I immediately thought of Game of Thrones with the White Walker Dragon. I hope you have lots of fun creating this amazing dragon. 






Layout all the pieces and start gluing together. I used black gesso to coat, but only do this when it is put together as the joins are very tight. I will be showing pictures of panels already painted as it was easier to depict the tutorial. Staring with the base I used string,  cut and glued it around the outline. This gives texture for the mount. 


Paint with gesso.


Once painted, let dry, then use crackle paint and paint over the gesso.


It should look like this. You can highlight the string with waxes. Repeat this procedure with the smaller mount, without the string. 


Continue the string process on all marked panels

Start piecing all the panels together. You will need to glue some parts together. 







I used tissues to start filling gaps to give a full look. 


Modeling paste to also fill in and for texture. I purposely did not seek to smooth out the paste to seek a rough natural look.   


Continue adding the tissue and paste.



Add the eyes, use white perfect pearls to go over the teeth. 



Continue to texturized until you are ready to paint. I used white, then highlighted lightly with brown and black to give depth. 







I hope you enjoyed the project as much as I did. 


 









 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ruby House

Another gorgeous design by Faith Pocock https://www.faithpocockcraftstudio.com/product-page/ruby-b-3mm-doll-house I used Ferro for the roof ...